If you want to earn big bucks and make a name for yourself in the entertainment industry, chances are that you are already thinking about moving to Los Angeles. Hollywood is the district where you need to start your house hunt, make new friends, get a cool job and start making some money. But before going down this road, you should know that you have some serious competition in this line of work. Every single year, hundreds of twenty-something year olds choose to follow the same path towards celebrity, big paychecks and the glamorous, worry-free Hollywood lifestyle. Your choice to move to Hollywood may actually improve your life and open the door to amazing opportunities that you wouldn’t even date to dream about today; however, in order to avoid disappointment and frustration, before relocating to this sought-after district you may want to focus on a few aspects listed below.
- The Backup Plan. Do you have any connections in this new environment, which could help you spot the best job openings and cheap rental apartments? Would you be prepared to accept soul-crushing, pride-swallowing jobs to make ends meet, in the absence of a better offer? Assuming that your Hollywood experience proves that your acting skills are not your strongest point, could you focus on other aptitudes to support your own growth and new lifestyle choices?
- The Resources. How much money do you actually have in your bank account? If you’re counting on a relatively small amount (under 5,000 dollars), it may be wiser to delay your move for a while and start saving some serious cash for a rainy day. Remember that would need to pay rent and monthly bills and you’ll also have to cover food and gas.
- The Gang. Would you have to recruit new roommates or could you afford to live by yourself in a Hollywood rental? Sharing a place with two or three people your age may be a fun experience, but it could also be slightly awkward, especially if you have nothing in common with the newcomers.
- The New Job. Have you made a list of all the places that are hiring in the ZIP code where you would like to live and kickstart a new carrier? Keep in mind that before landing the well-paid gig that you’ve always dreamed about, you may have to wait on more than a few tables to put yourself through college or accept less satisfying jobs, work long hours and settle for a hilariously low pay.
- The Roof over Your Head. Before going any further with your fantasies, you have to focus on the place where you will live. Even if you know a friend of a friend who will gladly let you sleep on his couch, you need to realize that this could only be a temporary solution. Hollywood apartments aren’t exactly cheap and the home hunt may take a while if you decide to analyze the deals on the local real estate market on your own. Nonetheless, while counting on expert guidance, you could definitely get the keys to an elegant 650 square feet studio located in Hollywood, which won’t cost you more than 1,750 a month. At the end of the day, the services of the largest Californian apartment finder could help you identify convenient rentals and save plenty of time and money in the process. What more could you ask for?