San Francisco is the city where you hunt down some of the best job offers in the state of California. After landing the gig of your dreams, you work hard from dusk till dawn to get your hands on a fat paycheck. But what exactly do you do for fun? If you don’t have any plans for next Saturday, we give you a list of suggestions that could keep you busy and entertained throughout the weekend.
1. Sample a Handcrafted Cocktail. In San Francisco, it is never too early for a good old cocktail. But we’re not talking about any kind of long drink. The handcrafted cocktail trend was perfected in this city, where skilled bartenders follow very specific rules and guidelines to incorporate the most bizarre and arguably healthy ingredients, such as lemongrass, lychee or fenugreek, in one-of-a-kind alcoholic and non-alcoholic drink recipes.
2. Spend Quality Time with Your Loved Ones at Presidio. If you can’t get enough of greenery, fresh air and a stimulating ambiance, pack your picnic table and chairs and spend a few hours in the Presidio of San Francisco. For more than two centuries, Presidio was used as a key army post for 3 nations. Famous for its ties with the past, Presidio stimulates you to contemplate its amazing architectural details, forests, beaches and national cemetery. Here you can spot vintage food trucks, play sports with your kids or simply meditate in the tall grass.
3. Book a Table at Yank Sing and Eat Specialties Whose Names You Can’t Pronounce. When in San Francisco, take chances. Forget all about fries and tasty, succulent burgers for just one day and indulge in the odd-looking yet incredibly delicious treats served at Yank Sing. The fresh dim sum and shanghai dumplings filled with ginger, scallion and pork are listed among the most popular dishes that you should try at least once in your life, even if you can’t pronounce their names right.
4. If You’re Food-Obsessed, Visit the Ferry Building Marketplace. Who doesn’t love successful culinary experiments and fresh, organic products that are good enough to make your mouth water? Those who wake up early on the Saturday have the opportunity to visit the famous Ferry Building Marketplace and walk away with fairly accessible goodies sold by 75 local farmers.
5. Start Your House Hunt. If you already picture the rest of your life in the vibrant San Francisco, wouldn’t it be a smart move to start looking for your own place? Assuming that you can’t afford to spend thousands of dollars on a permanent residence, do keep in mind that you could always count on professional apartment locating services to spot the most convenient rentals in your price range. By working closely with Apartmnt Hunterz and checking their recent listings regularly you could stumble across the house or apartment of your dreams in no time.