8 Essential Things That You Should Do Before Starting Your Californian Apartment Hunt
Now that you’ve finally decided to leave the past behind and start fresh in your all-time favorite Californian city, you feel ready to pack your essentials and move those cardboard boxes as soon as possible. In this context, it is highly recommended to plan ahead and anticipate and address every single aspect related to your relocation process. Put all your thoughts on paper and take some time to picture your new home. Do you wish to target certain neighborhoods or would you be willing to settle for any kind of rental and any location, as long as the property is in your price range? Who’s going to help you identify the hottest deals on the local real estate market? How big does your new home have to be? How can you avoid unreliable landlords and property managers and spot the real professionals who will always have the best solutions to all the potential problems that you could encounter? In short, there are hundreds of questions that you should try to answer before spending your money on a Californian rental. Here is the definitive list of aspects that you should analyze not once, but multiple times before signing a rental agreement.
- Ways to Create and Maintain a Good Relationship with Potential Landlords. Landlords screen their potential tenants all the time, so why wouldn’t you do the same thing when it comes to meeting a renter for the very first time? You don’t need to spend more than an hour in the company of a landlord to determine whether or not you could establish a mutually advantageous collaboration with that person. Trust your instincts and remember that first impressions are usually correct. Also, make sure you know your rights, document the current condition of the apartment that you wish to rent and don’t forget to get everything in writing.
- Methods to Reduce Your Rental Costs the Easy Way. Try to perfect your negotiation skills. Talk with potential landlords openly about rental costs and find out if you could rely on some kind of barter system to lower your monthly expenses. Moreover, use the data provided by Apartment Hunterz to check out hundreds of affordable for rent properties in your Californian city of choice; the verified listings provided by this source will allow you to make an accurate comparison and rate different candidates in an objective manner, based on their price tag and features.
- Temporary Upgrades. Before crossing an old property off your list, ask yourself the following question: couldn’t I boost the appeal and functionality of this rental property by implementing a series of inexpensive upgrades? For instance, you could replace an old fridge with a newer, energy-efficient model to save some cash in the long run or you could utilize adhesive hooks to organize and deposit your pot lids in a more effective manner.
- Ways to Decrease Energy Costs. Learn how to save energy. This new type of eco-friendly conduct will support your greener lifestyle changes, while also giving you the opportunity to put some money aside for a rainy day. Therefore, consider installing energy-efficient light bulbs, a programmable thermostat and energy efficient windows. These smart investments will basically pay for themselves over a short period of time.
- Ways to to Deal with Noisy Neighbors. When you live in an apartment building, there is one important potential problem that you should factor in: your relationship with your neighbors. Some of them may be really nice, kind and dependable, but the rest could make you realize just how much you appreciate the small amount of time that you get to spend alone, in silence. How should you actually deal with people who like to dance, sing and shout at 1 am on a regular basis? In this case, you could try to communicate with your neighbors (face-to-face, on the phone or through your walls-the choice is up to you), alert the landlord and make sure he understands the seriousness of the problem that you are dealing with or just fill out a complaint form and slip it under your neighbor’s door.
- How to Use Every Single Inch of Space Wisely. Before counting on the services of a professional apartment scout, ask yourself this: do you really need hundreds and hundreds of square feet to feel comfortable in a certain environment? A really big apartment always involves bigger maintenance fees and sky-high energy costs. On the other hand, you could always go for a smaller, elegant apartment and use every single inch of available space in a clever manner. For instance, you could install over-the-door minimalist storage racks, bed raisers and command hooks to organize your stuff efficiently in all your rooms. Keep in mind that a de-cluttered, spotless apartment will always seem bigger and brighter than it really is.
- How to Personalize Your Home on a Budget (Without Driving Your Landlord Crazy). Use tape and adhesive based on a washable formula to decorate your walls with your favorite artwork. Count on open shelving, convenient storage options and evergreen furniture pieces to individualize your interior space and make it reflect your personality, without actually being forced to give the green light to changes that might make your landlord angry.
- Rely on a Great Apartment Finding Service. Before starting to daydream about the color and style of the wallpaper that you would like to admire in your bedroom, make sure you can count on the services of a professional apartment finder that could help you understand the realities of the Californian real estate market. Without the guidance ensured by California’s biggest apartment scout, you could feel disoriented and discouraged during your apartment search. Instead of wasting time and money trying to find the perfect rental on your own, choose to avoid risks and unjustified expenses by collaborating with Apartment Hunterz. California’s largest and most reputable apartment finder will give you all the tools and expert advice that you could ever need to spot and tour the finest for rent properties in only a few days. Give this convenient service a try and find out how it could bring you closer to gorgeous rentals matching your criteria in less than a week.