When you have plenty of money in your bank account, California seems like the perfect place where you could rent or buy a home, start a family and grow a successful business. Celebrities show us how it’s done, by investing in some of the most lavishing properties that you could ever dare to picture. Money may not buy happiness, but in all honesty, being rich helps a lot, especially when a multimillion dollar slice of real estate is at the center of your definition of happiness. Without any further ado, here are 5 of the most sought-after California-based celebrity homes that could convince you to work harder to finance your relocation process.
- Hugh Hefner’s Playboy Mansion. Did you know that Hugh Hefner is the proud owner of a super stunning mansion comprising no less than 22 rooms, tennis court, zoo, a game room and a wine cellar? With this kind of amenities at your disposal, you could also throw some of the most memorable and decadent parties with minimal effort.
- Oprah’s Ultra Expensive Mansion. Oprah decided to pour no less than 55 million dollars in a superb mansion located in Montecito, California. Due to its extraordinary features and the superior level of comfort that it ensures, this corner of paradise is also known as “The Promised Land.” Stretching on 42 acres, this fabulous home is appreciated for its stunning mountain and ocean views.
- Simon Cowell’s Overwhelmingly Beautiful and Pricy Estate. You simply can’t list some of the most desirable slices of real estate based in Beverly Hills without mentioning the one owned by Simon Cowell. The house constructed on the lot purchased by this mogul for 8 million dollars was demolished to create enough room for a high-end residential property counting 5 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, a gorgeous spa and an onsite gym that will take your breath away.
- Portia de Rossi and Ellen DeGeneres’ Crib. These two lovely ladies have invested a lot of money in on-point renovations meant to breathe new life into a luxurious ranch located in Hidden Valley, California. The place has a rustic décor revolving around wooden floors and rugged furniture; not to mention the fact that it sends out a warm, welcoming vibe. Need another reason to love it? This piece of real estate is evaluated at approximately 10 million dollars.
- Reese Witherspoon’s Breathtaking Fortress. Reese Witherspoon has great style and we all know it. What you may not know is that this popular actress owns a superb property resembling a medieval castle. The house located in Ojai, California, is worth more than 7 million dollars and is more rustic and cozy than glamorous. If you are very fond of unpretentious settings, chances are that you’ll adore its minimalist kitchen with white cabinets and a large island, paired with red and brown wooden chairs and a round wooden table.
What Should You Realistically Expect from a High-End Californian Rental Property?
If you can afford to spend a little bit more on a rental property, you are probably wondering how you could find the most attractive deals on the local real estate market. While most upscale rentals vary a great deal in terms of price, amenities and size, most of them display a perfect mix of key features, including the following ones:
- Great Location
- A Killer View
- Fabulous Amenities (game rooms, private lounges, gyms and wellness centers are usually a part of the deal)
- Additional Services (pet grooming services ensured by onsite salons, concierge service and so on)
Assuming that you simply can’t afford to embrace the luxurious celebrity-inspired lifestyle, should you just let yourself sink into a pool of frustration and disappointment or should you try to see the glass half full? If optimism is one of your innate components, then you will most likely start to look for the best alternatives matching your expectations and budget. For instance, if you couldn’t possibly get near a property located right in the heart of Los Angeles, perhaps you could still get the keys to a nice little apartment located in nearby areas or certain neighborhoods that are considered less desirable, such as Cypress Park, El Segundo, Historic Filipinotown or Little Armenia. With a little bit of research, you could spot great deals on the local real estate market and move in a new neighborhood allowing you to spend less money on rent on a monthly basis.
Can’t shed thousands or millions of dollars on a property resembling the one owned by Oprah? Keep the location and ask for less in terms of square footage and amenities. Using the data delivered by a reliable apartment finder you could compare different rentals available in Montecito, California. Vacation rentals available in this area are usually in the $250 range (per night). You should also know that there are quite a few upscale homes for rent in this area, carrying price tags starting from $4,000 per month.
There’s a Simpler Way to Uncover the Secrets of the Californian Real Estate Market
These days, you don’t have to drive around town and visit various neighborhoods to spot a good for rent or for sale property matching your criteria. At the same time, a real estate agent shouldn’t be seen as your strongest ally in your quest to find a decent rental. As a matter of fact, now you can count on the expert insight and massive amount of data brought to you by a good apartment finding service. The listings delivered by Apartment Hunterz help you save time and money that you would otherwise have to invest in a lengthy, stressful house hunt. Identify and save the listings that interest you the most, contact landlords and property managers online, schedule property tours and submit your paperwork over the Internet. This system lets you experience the highest level of convenience when it comes to renting a house or an apartment in California and eliminates some of the most common challenges that both tenants and landlords have to face in today’s market.