Even the most experienced tenants can tell you that finding the cheapest, most comfortable and stylish for rent properties in California is no easy talk. Sometimes, you simply can’t have it all, especially when you’re pinching pennies.
8 Steps to Take to Profit from a Hassle-free, Organized House Hunt
In times like these, some learn to compromise, while others choose to broaden their horizons, take a closer look at the real estate market from a different perspective and use all the tools in the personalized apartment search toolbox to achieve victory. If you’re planning on following the latter approach, here are 8 apartment finding hacks that could make your mission (and your entire life as a tenant) so much easier and enjoyable.
- Use Online Tools to Identify Your Favorite Neighborhoods. Choosing the best city where you could start fresh can be difficult, especially when you’re targeting certain parts of Southern California, which are known for their insanely pricy pieces of real estate. Maybe you would like to live in the San Francisco Bay Area, but can’t choose between South Bay and East Bay Oakland. In such cases, it is highly recommended to perform an advanced search and find out everything there is to know about the neighborhoods that might interest you before actually setting foot in that part of the country. These days, this goal is perfectly attainable, due to the plethora of tools and apps designed to help you discover cities and states that you are not familiar with at this point. These aids let you research various options (browse photos, check out crime rates, get commute reports and view schools grocery stores, hospitals and other nearby facilities) by simply entering ZIP codes or neighborhood names.
- Hit the City Streets. Once you manage to collect all the data that you need to perform a first selection, you can get in the car and hit the streets. By doing so, you will manage to get acquainted with several neighborhoods that you may like, at different times of the day. This will help you form an opinion about all your options, identify for rent signs with ease, talk to residents and maybe even reach a few landlords and/or property managers and discuss rates, property features and other details that may interest you.
- Check out Online Reviews. Next, choose to go the extra mile to ensure your complete satisfaction as a first-time tenant. Conduct an online search using the name of various apartment complexes and their exact location. This could help you stumble across a series of reviews that may offer you essential info on landlords and rentals. Remember that you should take everything with a grain of salt; a huge number of contrasting reviews may very well indicate that some of the tenants simply have a personal axe to grind.
- Check the Listings As Soon as You Receive an Email or SMS Notification. Wondering why you should perform a targeted search using a good apartment finding service? Aside from the fact that this search method is highly accessible and affordable, it is also extremely reliable and effective. Basically, it can help you track a real bargain even when you’re not actually monitoring the local real estate market. By sending you notifications via emails or text messages, an apartment finding service can enable you to spot fantastic rentals while you’re crossing the street to get some coffee, eating dinner at a fancy restaurant or vacationing abroad.
- Use Different Filters to Narrow Down Your Apartment Search. Before rating different candidates and having a nice chat with the people who could become your new landlords, you should set up the criteria that could guide your apartment search in the right direction. Apartment Hunterz lets you focus on all the aspects that matter to you the most by getting very specific. You can type the name of your favorite community, select a particular location from a long list of choices and refine your search based on minimum and maximum price, number of bathrooms and min/max number of bedrooms. Using this service, you can visualize up to 50 listings per page and sort your alternatives based on the value of their price tag.
- Use the iConnect Feature to Communicate with Landlords. Why waste time and money trying to reach landlords and property managers when there’s a simpler, more enjoyable way of doing business? To facilitate your communication with people who share your interest in the Californian real estate market, Apartment Hunterz has introduced the iConnect feature. Give it a try to communicate with lessors in real time, and get all the details that you may require on a certain property without actually having to meet these people in person.
- Tour and Inspect All Properties in Person. Even if you can use this handy feature to talk to various landlords and evaluate your options in an objective manner, you shouldn’t neglect the fact that touring each property in person is a mandatory step. Don’t forget that you can always separate the truly interesting finds from the less appealing choices by watching video tours posted by landlords who use the same apartment finding service as you to market their properties in the most effective way.
- Run All Appliances to See If They Work. A home inspection is a great way to assess the pros and cons of the property that you’re planning on renting. During this process, remember to run the AC, heaters and water. These simple actions can help you avoid hassles and expensive repairs. After all, you probably wouldn’t want to take your morning showers under a trickling stream or call a central heating and plumbing expert in the middle of the night because you’re freezing to death inside your apartment. All these inconveniences can be prevented, by testing all appliances in advance, before actually investing a dime in a rental that may appeal to you.
All these tips start to make sense when you can count on an all-in-one apartment finding solution. Apartment Hunterz matches this description. This service is offering you all the tools and the expert assistance that you may need to identify the best vacant California-based for rent properties and spend your money on the one that matches your needs, lifestyle, demands and budget to a tee.