Conducting a house hunt in California is usually a complicated, time-consuming process that can drain all your energy and resources. The good news is that now you can count on the insight provided by California’s number one apartment finding service to find great rentals on a budget.
Finding a Cheap Rental Apartment in Cali Is Not a Mission Impossible
Using the tools and listings provided by Apartment Hunterz, you could spot the rental apartment of your dreams and rent it in less than a week. Here are 7 easy tips that you could apply to get closer to the perfect inexpensive Californian property for rent that you’ve been hunting for so long.
- Look for Bigger Apartment Complexes with an Ugly View . As a rule of thumb, in order to find an affordable apartment for rent in California, you must turn your attention to buildings comprising anywhere from 15 to 30 apartments. If you don’t want to make any compromises in terms of square footage, amenities and location, then maybe you should consider settling for an apartment that doesn’t exactly ensure breathtaking views of the city. Nobody dreams of seeing toll booths while looking out their windows, but let’s face it: an apartment with an ugly view is less desirable than the rest; and thus, less expensive. Generally speaking, if you want to spend less on a rental, it would be a good idea to target areas located in the proximity of highways, train lines and tunnel entrances, which tend to offer for rent properties that are considerably less expensive than the ones located two or three blocks away.
- Invest in a Few Sets of Quality Earplugs. If you have never been bothered by noisy neighbors, then maybe you should explore your enhanced sound tolerance to get a great deal on the local real estate market. Did you know that apartments facing construction sites or other areas that are known for their annoying noise-generating daily operations can be a real bargain if you are willing (and able) to put up with them? Factor in this option if you’re conducting a house hunt on a tight budget; after all, in this particular situation, a pair of headphones could cost you less than $20 and help you save thousands of dollars in the long run.
- Move into a New Apartment During Winter. During the cold season, people are less likely to start looking for a new home and move. During winter, relocating and moving all your stuff from can be quite stressful; this is why many tenants wait until spring to find a new apartment for rent. Use this trend to your best advantage, and consider moving into a rented apartment in December or January. During this time of the year, landlords are more inclined to offer a series of incentives to new tenants to fill their vacancies. On the other hand, during summer, both the inventory and the demand increase dramatically, making it more difficult for budget-conscious people to find a good rental matching their criteria.
- Target Low-Key Neighborhoods. If you’re not intimidated by long commutes and above average crime rates, consider researching less desirable neighborhoods that could offer you access to less costly rentals that you could actually afford. Perform a targeted search with Apartment Hunterz to discover the most inexpensive rentals in your ZIP codes of choice.
- Don’t Overspend on a Unit with Lots of Extras That You Don’t Actually Need. If you’re planning on spending less on rent, choose an apartment that is as basic as it gets. Avoid properties with luxurious amenities and features, such as granite countertops, Jacuzzi baths and floor-to-ceiling windows; such extras have a fairly low practical value and will inevitably raise the costs of any rental property. Therefore, choose a for rent apartment in California based on the key factors that you value the most, such as location and square footage, and don’t be fooled into thinking that a house with a wide range of high-end amenities will always offer you a superior level of comfort and convenience; in most cases, tenants who fall into this trap end up spending a lot of money on upscale add-ons that they never get to use.
- Establish Direct Contact with Landlords and Property Managers. Looking for the best strategy that you could apply to save some cash during your apartment hunt? Here’s an idea worth considering: put your social skills to good use to find a great apartment for rent without the help of a realtor. For instance, by talking to doormen you could get a list of the homeowners who rent out their properties. In this case, you would just have to leave your business card. This way, the landlords who are interested in filling their vacancies will be able to reach you and hopefully make you an offer that you won’t be able to decline.
- Check Out Verified Listings Delivered by California’s #1 Apartment Finding Service. At this point, your number one priority is to move out of your parents’ house, regain your independence and find a place that you could actually call home.
Even if you don’t count on a big budget for this ambitious plan, you don’t want to make many compromises when it comes to renting an apartment in California. You want to find the perfect house or apartment that speaks to you and manages to reflect your personality and sense of style.
Oftentimes, this is easier said than done. However, when you count on the support of a great apartment finding service, the whole process gets so much easier. You just have to start looking for properties for rent in your preferred ZIP code, save your searches, get in touch with landlords, download and upload forms and schedule private viewings online. If you’d like to identify the best Californian rentals with just a few clicks, start using the amazing apartment finding service brought to you by Apartment Hunterz and uncover the best deals on the local real estate market in online a few days.