How to Prep Your Californian Rental Apartment for Fall and Winter
California is the sunny state that lets its tourists and locals make the most of great weather year-round. However, its climate varies a great deal-from subarctic to hot desert, based on several factors, including elevation and latitude. If you’re planning on spending the cold season in California, here are a few tips that you should apply to make your stay more comfortable and prep your rental apartment for lower temperatures.
Clean and De-Clutter Your Space the Smart Way. While you were still living with your parents, you probably owned impressive collections of clothes, accessories, furniture pieces and decorative objects. Now that you’re getting ready to rent a new place and realize the fact that your personal belongings occupy a lot of space and make you spend a lot of money on a house that is too big for you, maybe you are thinking about downsizing into a smaller house. Or maybe you love the spacious apartment that you are currently occupying, but do wish to de-clutter your living spaces with ease. If that’s the case, here’s what you can do to manage clutter:
- Think about renting storage space in your ZIP code and deposit old clothes, furniture, papers and other non-essentials inside your unit
- Trade heavy furniture pieces for multifunctional ones that can be used and rearranged in countless ways
- Leave seasonal clothing in storage
- Learn to compromise and set some limits to manage your wardrobe and jewelry collection the easy way; for instance, you could follow the “1 in, 1 out” rule, which basically implies the fact that you can buy a your new object of desire only after tossing or donating an item that you no longer see yourself wearing
- Add hooks and open shelves wherever you can to come up with versatile and inexpensive DIY storage solutions for each and every room
Apply a Few Easy Tips to Shrink Your Utility Bills. During the cooler months, it would be a good idea to perform a thorough some inspection and address the problematic areas that could make you waste energy and money. Make a list of all the changes that could help you save some cash and boost the warmth and level of comfort of your space, and talk about all these potential improvements with your landlord or property manager. Here a few suggestions that may help you keep your expenses in check and stay warm during the cooler days.
- Lower curtains and blinds during cloudy days and also during the night to keep the heat inside the room
- Dress up your floors by adding fluffy and soft rugs
- Layer clothes to maintain an ideal body temperature; by doing so, you will be able to set your thermostat lower
- Consider replacing old windows with energy-efficient ones; if you don’t have your landlord’s permission or financial support for this project, think about covering sliding patio doors and windows with transparent plastic film; this simple and cost-effective DIY project can help you reduce your heating costs by up to 14%.
Decorate Your Apartment without Making Your Landlord Angry. With Halloween just around the corner, you are probably thinking about cute designs that you could personalize and use to beautify and individualize your space. Instead of opting for wall paint and frameable decorations that would force you to hammer nails into your walls, go for fun, temporary alternatives that are easy to remove and reuse.
If you’re strictly prohibited from drilling or hammering, buy and add adhesive strips with disposable hooks, designed to hold and display your artwork without making you damage your walls to complete your project. This option comes in handy especially if you like to change or reposition your wall art quite often. Nonetheless, do keep in mind that disposable hooks and other popular types of mounting strips are usually made to support only light objects. They may work for small acrylic frames, but they clearly aren’t the best match for oversized art and heavy wooden frames.
Take Precautionary Measures to Avoid House Fires. Warming devices are excellent additions that can up your level of comfort at home, without burning holes in your budget; however, if you’re planning on adding candles, space heaters or any other lit decorations, keep in mind that all these elements can be linked to a potential fire hazard. Be mindful when placing and using all these items and whatever you do, don’t leave these objects unattended; anything that is lit or plugged in could easily set your house on fire.
Get Ready for a Bigger Change: Find a Better Rental with Apartment Hunterz. All your life, you have feared change and strived to gain stability in life. Even so, while your friends are busy carving their pumpkins, you are daydreaming about a bigger, brighter, better indoor space that could stimulate your productivity and match your creative vision.
Maybe you want to rent an apartment that you could use to relax and start a profitable at-home business at the same time; or perhaps you want to move out of your parents’ house, abandon your comfort zone and become independent. Either way, you should know that Apartment Hunterz feeds all these ambitious goals. California’s #1 apartment finding service offers you the best expert support that you could ever ask for from a real estate real estate connoisseur.
At the same time, this rental apartment tracking website provides an ample collection of verified listings, as well as a generous set of tools that you could use to get in contact with landlords and property managers, discuss the details of your arrangement and close a mutually advantageous deal in record time. Don’t let the cold season catch you inside an apartment that you genuinely dislike; instead, perform an online search with Apartment Hunterz and spend less on a rental that manages to exceed all your expectations.