It’s no secret that California is a corner of heaven featuring some of the most amazing multimillion dollar properties that you could ever dare to picture. Naturally, some of the most sought-after Californian cities are the natural habitat of deep-pocked property owners and tenants who spare no expenses when it comes to investing in a house or apartment that could support their luxurious lifestyle. At the same time, it’s only fair to say that California also welcomes non-billionaires.
As a matter of fact, California provides a mix of high-end, expensive housing options matching the expectations of the rich and famous, and much more affordable alternatives suitable for people who live from paycheck to paycheck. Don’t take our word for it. Use the numbers delivered by an apartment finding service to conduct an ample house hunt by ZIP code. By doing so, you will most likely manage to pinpoint several areas that have no shortage of decently-priced rentals.
Discover 5 Amazing Cities Offering the Most Convenient Accommodation Options
If you can’t afford to shed $3,600 or more on a 2-bedroom apartment located in San Francisco, this doesn’t mean that all is lost. In this particular situation, you would just have to reevaluate your priorities and financial possibilities and let these two coordinates guide your apartment search. To make things easier for you, we have compiled a list of five Californian cities that are well-liked for their cheap for rent properties.
- Berkley. The median rent price calculated for this city is in the $2,600 range. Considering that the San Francisco Metro median is $2,960, one may be right to affirm that some of the rentals available in this city are almost a bargain. For instance, a 2-bedroom apartment located on University Ave. could cost you a little over $2,800 per month. If you feel that this affordable option is way out of your league, remember that you could always split the costs with a roommate.
- Oakland. Rents in the Bay Area have taken prospects by surprise with a massive climb. You don’t have to be a real estate expert to realize that renting in this area is not the best option for families with a modest income. In this context, Oakland may give you hope. For less than $2,000 per month, you could get the keys to a beautiful 1-bedroom apartment for rent in this city. As a matter of fact, a 1-bed elegant condo situated in Oakland’s Chinatown will only cost you around $1,700 per month.
- Stockton. Home to more than 300,000 people, Stockton is a picturesque city situated on the San Joaquin River. Originally known as an agricultural community, Stockton is now fueled by a healthy economy based on manufacturing and telecommunications, among other industries. The median rent price in this city is estimated $1,150, while the Stockton Metro median rent value is $1,300. If you count on considerable savings, you could also consider buying a place in this city. The median home value is in the $206,000 range and is expected to record an 8% growth over the next year.
- Modesto. Is Modesto a good pick for people with modest financial means? As a matter of fact, Modesto is one of the most attractive options for families interested in budget-friendly accommodations. For example, a 1-2 bedroom apartment located on Dale Rd. could cost you anywhere from $969 to $1,229 per month. In the state of California, such an offer could be immediately defined as a real steal. For more great deals on the Modesto real estate market, don’t hesitate to use the data provided by Apartment Hunterz. You just have to select the ZIP codes that interest you to narrow down your search, and your apartment finding service will take care of the rest.
- Redding. Counting more than 89,000 residents, Redding has a number of points of interest, including WaterWorks Park, Bethel Church and Turtle Bay Exploration Park. Aside from being incredibly gorgeous and welcoming, Redding has another attribute that you will most likely appreciate: it is often mentioned as one of the most affordable places to live and rent a house or apartment in the state of California. Can you believe that the median rent price in this city is only $925? By getting a roommate you could halve your expenses and spend less than 500 dollars on rent per month. The median home value is currently estimated at a little over $530,000, but if you can’t afford to buy a place here, remember that renting a small, elegant condo is always a great option that you should consider.
Explore Other Attractive Options with Apartment Hunterz
All the cities that we’ve mentioned are excellent picks for young families with kids and modest financial possibilities. They could also enable you to create and live your version of the Californian dream on a budget. However, assuming that the cities listed above fail to raise your enthusiasm for one reason or another, what other choices should you factor in before moving to California? To make the best decision in record time, spend a few minutes each day researching your options online.
Apartment Hunterz brings you the best listings available in the state of California. Using the tools and insight delivered by this well-known apartment finding service you could spot the most amazing accommodation options in your preferred city or ZIP code, compare different rentals using various filters (location, price per month, square footage or features), save your favorites and reach owners the easy way. Instead of conducting a house hunt through word-of-mouth and intermediaries, let this effective service help you discover stunning for rent houses and apartments that you could actually afford to live in.